Cat Grooming Tools
Before discussing the cat grooming tools, you should know that cats are famous for how well they groom themselves, you will also need to groom your cat every day to help her remove dead hair and prevent some of those notorious hairballs that you may find around your house from time to time. Even shorthaired cats shed, so brushing daily certainly won’t hurt and will help to remove dead hair from kitty’s coat.
Most cats enjoy being brushed. However, a regular brushing routine is vital for longhaired cats because it helps them maintain a glossy, snarl-free coat. So you should prepare the best cat grooming tools to help you.
(A) Cat grooming tools for coats
A metal comb will last the lifetime of your cat. It should have smooth, round teeth designed to avoid trauma to the skin. You should have a narrow-toothed comb to remove dirt and fleas. A wide-toothed comb is best for grooming long hair, and for attending to the hair around the head and in other sensitive areas on all cats. You can buy a combination comb that has narrow teeth on one side and wide teeth on the other.
Brushes with natural bristles produce less static electricity and broken hair than do nylon ones. A slicker brush (a rectangular bush with short, stiff wires) works well for most shorthaired cats. The wires feel like the spines on a cat’s tongue and are excellent for removing dead hair. For Rex cats, an ultra short- bristled brush or a brush with rubber nubs is most desirable, because this breed is prone to excessive hair loss if brushed too vigorously.
3.Palm brush (hound glove)
This is used on shorthaired cats to remove dead hair and polish the coat. A piece of chamois leather or nylon stocking also works well. For a Sphynx cat, a damp washcloth may be adequate for most grooming needs.
This is really a luxury item, unless you are showing your cat. Some people prefer to hold their cat on their lap when they groom, but some cats just won’t sit in a lap. And it is easier to work with the cat on an elevated surface.
If the table is the correct height, you can work on your cat comfortably without having to bend. Any table should be solid with a nonslip surface. You can also use an ordinary table or any flat, sold surface, with a nonslip mat placed on top to prevent your cat from slipping.
After the weather warms up, cats require to cool off, which usually ends in a houseful of fur and also a cat covered with mats. Expel up to 90 percent of discard fur by using a handheld deshedding tool, available at many pet stores.
A specially designed stainless steel border collects the loose fur, yet will not permeate or scratch the cat of skin. This tool removes a whole lot more shed fur when compared to a normal brush or comb, which are created for detangling rather than hair collection. Less loose fur from the coat means fewer tangles.
When tackling the roughest of tangles, utilize a de-matter as opposed to scissors to keep away from leaving deep holes in your cat s coat. A de-matter features elongated, razor-like prongs that work their way through the mat, so teasing it out in little parts at one time. This procedure gets the job done while maintaining even a cat coat as you can.
This kitty grooming tool looks like a mini leaf rake. It has a combination of wide and narrow teeth to help fine the thick undercoat and keep it from becoming tangled. It’s especially useful for cats having double coats.
(B) Cat grooming tools for trimming the nails
These may be needed to cut out mats (adequate grooming ensures that mats will never form). Buy a pair with a blunt tip or rounded bead on the end of each blade.
We prefer those that have two cutting edges—a scissor effect rather than a guillotine.
(C) Cat grooming tools for ears
- For cat health, the ears are frequently overlooked. Some people go away from the ear cleaning because of fear of hurting their kitty, or because the kitty doesn’t love having her ears touched.
- An ear inspection and cleaning should really be a portion of your cat grooming routine though, as you’ll catch diseases, infections and issues early and can cure them until they get severe.
- leaner pads of ears or ear wipes are small, pre-moistened fabrics that clean the ear and dissolve wax buildup.
(D) Cat grooming tools for teeth cleaning
- Locate a soft-bristled toothbrush particularly made for pet cats in the regional pet store. The head of toothbrush should be small enough to fit on your cat mouth, and also the bristles should bend when swiped with your thumb.
- For kitties that deny a standard or normal brush, buy a finger brush a rubber sheath with raised ripples that slips over your finger.
- Simply slide your finger back and forth across your own cat s teeth to give them a great cleaning. Finally, for very tiny cats and kittens, experts suggest using a standard cotton swab instead of a toothbrush.
- What better way to gain your furry friend cooperation in cleaning its teeth compared to to use a savory-flavored paste? Since toothpaste of human may harm cats, even specialty feline tooth-paste is the sole option.
- It is reasonable buy a more”feline” tooth-paste that doesn’t only protect and clean your cat teeth, but leaves the task easier for you personally and more pleasing for the own cat in the procedure.
- Entice your pet cat with tuna, beef, or chicken flavored toothpaste, and see tooth-brushing transform from a job to a gratifying experience.
Read More about:
- Cat Grooming Steps
- The Maine Coon cat personality
- How to take care a bengal cat
- Bengal Cat
- Balinese Cat Information
- Cat Grooming Tips for different coats
- Birman Cat Information
- Burmese cat information
- Introducing kitten to cat